We see it all in our line of work and many people don’t realize the types of hoarding that exist. What many people don’t realize is that there many types of hoarding. Many people think that the only type of hoarder is like the TV show about Hoarding but that isn’t necessarily the case. While the majority may involve the “stereotypical” type of hoarding but listed below are the different things we have come across through the years:
1. Rotting food, used food containers, trash, human or animal waste, mold, spider webs, insect or rodent infestation and general neglect of home.
2. Pet Hoarding (normally cats or dogs)
3. Extreme collecting of a particular items or collectible
4. The “neat” hoarder which is very organized and clean but has pathways throughout the home.
5. Shopping addicts who have newly purchased items (many of which are still in their boxes with price tags still on them) throughout the home.
Sage Restoration cares about our customer and the environment in which they are living. We aren’t just a junk removal company, we go way beyond that. We are a company that works with the hoarder and their family to clean up their home environment with care and compassion. It’s important that the home is thoroughly cleaned to prevent hazardous diseases in the home that can affect the homeowner’s health.