We will never forget our first fire job years ago. The wife and mom of the house left one morning to take kids to school and when she returned she was shocked to find her house smoking and on fire.
The shock that people feel when they deal with a house fire is horrible. The fire was caused by a faulty toaster plug. When she left the house that day, the toaster was plugged in but no bread or anything was in the toaster. In fact, they hadn’t even used the toaster that morning.
When dealing with a home fire, it’s very important to safely secure the evidence so that the fire department or fire inspector can perform a thorough inspection. IF evidence is destroyed or thrown away, that can prevent your insurance company from properly subrogating the loss to the proper company or whomever was at fault for the fire.
That house was almost a complete loss, but the fire department did make it in time to save it. We spent that day counseling the devastated family and doing a walk thru with them and the adjuster.
We then boarded up the house to keep looters or vandals from stealing items or getting into the home. Our next step was to move all salvageable contents to our warehouse to be cleaned and stored until their house was clean of the soot and smoke damage and ultimately remodeled.
We spent a week demolishing structural materials that could not be saved and then started the task of removing soot and smoke damage. We then had to make sure the framing was cleaned and sealed. It’s important that a fire-damage clean up is done correctly. Fire is a catastrophic event for people and the last thing you want to do is leave an odor that can trigger the emotions of that horrific day.
Sage Restoration has the knowledge and expertise to make sure your home and contents are properly cleaned and treated so you can move back home with a peace of mind! If you or someone you know experience a house fire, contact the experts at Sage Restoration! #ServiceWithCompassion