Halloween is one of the top five days for home candle fires. We all love the beauty and mystery of candle light especially around Halloween but to keep your family safe please keep these Halloween Candle Safety tips in mind this Halloween:
1. Always keep a burning candle within sight – never leave if unattended
2. Never burn a candle near anything that can catch fire
3. Always use a candleholder specifically designed for candles and place on a stable, heat resistant surface
4. Make sure a candle is completely extinguished and is no longer glowing before leaving it
5. Never use a candle for a night light
6. Keep candles out of the reach of children
In the event of a home fire call 911 immediately and if you experience smoke damage in your home make sure you call a professional restoration company that can work with your insurance carrier to get your contents and home professionally cleaned.