Mold is never a good thing. Spores reproducing on counters, walls, and wood trim can take flight and aggravate allergies and respiratory ailments, as well as ruin drywall, carpet, and woodwork. But in every life a little mold will form, and not every patch is a reason to panic.
Here’s how to tell if you can get rid of mold yourself or if it’s time to call a remediation expert.
Spores thrive on moisture, so expect it to grow in areas that get and stay wet:
If you can see it, you probably can get rid of it with a little elbow grease, soap, and water. More stubborn forms usually succumb to a vinegar and water solution. Spray and wipe.
If you have better things to do than hunt spores, cure the moisture problems that foster growth. Throw open a window or run the bathroom fan after you shower or bathe. Thoroughly dry sinks and surrounding tile after washing dishes. Periodically clean and dry moisture-prone basement areas or better yet, invest in a dehumidifier. Running one in the basement year round can keep humidity levels below 50 percent.
In some situations, it’s better to call in a mold remediation professional for assistance. Cleaning up mold yourself is probably not such a good idea if:
To get rid of mold that you suspect is serious, your best bet is to contact a certified expert with a proven track record of mold removal. We will gladly work with your insurance company too! We care about the health of you and your family. Contact us today! #ServiceWithCompassion