There are 5 Things you need to know before frying turkey on Thanksgiving. Frying turkeys can be one of the most dangerous things you can do that can start a fire not only to your turkey but to your home and family as well. Home fires increase in the holiday and winter seasons and one way to prevent a costly or dangerous fire is to make sure you follow the tips listed below before embarking on frying that delectable turkey!
• Never use a frozen turkey (always make sure your turkey is completely thawed and dried off) Hot oil and cold water do not mix so it’s best to make sure your turkey is completely thawed before frying it.
• Never overfill your cooking pot (when inserting turkey always think about how much it weighs)
• Never fry the turkey close to your home as it can catch your house on fire.
• Never over heat the oil (the oil can combust) When oil gets around 400-425-degrees it can catch on fire by itself
• Carefully insert turkey so no oil spills over which can cause a huge fire or even give you serious burns
Always remember the more careful you are on Thanksgiving Day about preventing cooking fires and keeping your family and home safe make for happy holiday memories and ensure a great. Keep your eyes open for other cooking mishaps that can occur such as setting something on the stove while a burner is on or forgetting a food item in the oven. Also make sure you keep an eye on candles burning in the home as candles are another one of common causes of home fires. In the unfortunate event your family does experience a house fire, make sure everyone gets out safely and promptly call 911.
Once the fire is out and everyone is safe call your insurance company to report the damage to your home. Sage Restoration is a full service emergency services contractor how can help you with damaged contents, smoke and fire damage restoration as well as full service build back of your home.